1. Available position:
3. Specialized field
4. Teaching responsibilities
5. Start date
(1) Hold a doctorate or an equivalent degree by the time the appointment begins.
(2) Having educational and research achievements in the above specialized fields and subjects
7. Application materials required
(1) Curriculum Vitae (ID photo, full name, gender, date of birth (age), current address, contact information (E-mail, home and mobile phone numbers), academic background (with enrollment period), work history (with enrollment period), affiliated academic society, prize, and punishment)
(2) List of educational and research achievements (all including pre-printed prints)
 Academic papers
(3) Digital data of Scientific Papers
Please enclose PDF files of all academic papers (above ) and international conference papers (peer reviewed full papers, above ) on a CD, DVD, or USB memory stick.
(4) Doctoral dissertation (Title, University, Published year)
(5) List of grants acquired from government, foundation, private companies, etc.
Distinguish between those proposed as representatives and those participating as collaborators.
(6) Major educational activities and teaching experience
Applicants who have experience in teaching at universities should write the name of the subjects and attach their syllabi.
(7) Activities in academic societies and social contributions
(8) Statement for education (About 1 sheet on A4 paper)
Please describe your aspirations for education in approximately 500 words.
(9) Statement for research (About 1 sheet on A4 paper)
Please describe your aspirations for research as well as your mid- to long-term research plan in approximately 500 words.
As to (8) and (9), please add your contributions to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted at the United Nations Summit.
(10) A list of professional references with complete contact information (optional, up to 2 people).
8. Deadline for application
9. Address to send
*Print in red “Application documents for faculty open position in Department of Applied Chemistry and Biotechnology” on the envelope containing the application documents and send it by registered mail.
10. Contact details
* The personal information given in the submitted documents will be managed properly according to the regulations for protecting personal information implemented by University of Fukui, and it will not be used otherwise than for the purpose of this personnel screening.
* Interviews will be conducted after the selection based on application documents submitted. As a general rule, we will conduct simulated lessons in English or Japanese. In such cases, please note that travel expenses will be the responsibility of the applicant. Applicants who pass the initial document review will be informed of interview date, time and format.
* University of Fukui is promoting gender equality. The university will try to hire a female applicant from among the final candidates who may be considered equally qualified.
* You will also be engaged in work related to entrance examinations.
* The retirement age of University of Fukui is 65 years old.
* The website address of the Department of Applied Chemistry and Biotechnology is http://www.eng.u-fukui.ac.jp/eng/organization/engineering/msb/index.html
* Working language: Japanese is the official language at University of Fukui. Fluency in English is desirable.
Postdoctoral fellows (Microbiologists/ Molecular Biologists /Biochemists)
The Kim Orth Lab in the Department of Molecular Biology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
The Kim Orth Lab in the Department of Molecular Biology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Tx USA has openings for new postdoctoral fellows.
Our lab focusses on two programs:
• A holder of Ph.D. or equivalent degree.
• Have the appropriate knowledge and experience to supervise and carry out the research projects described in [Research Field].
Start of employment
Seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher
Human biomimetic system RIKEN Hakubi Research Team, RIKEN Cluster for Pioneering Research (W21312)
See in detail, download CV files:
Job title and Job description
Salary and benefits
Application and required documents
How to apply
Handling Personal Data
Start of Employment
Postdoctoral Associate- Genetics and Circuitry of Sleep
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University
A postdoctoral associate position is available to study the molecular and circuit basis of sleep. We use sophisticated genetic approaches in Drosophila and mice to study the genes and circuitry underlying sleep, a fundamental and evolutionary conserved behavior. We are currently studying homeostatic and circadian mechanisms regulating sleep, but also have broad interests in understanding the functions of sleep. To carry out these studies, we combine molecular and genetic approaches with high throughput behavioral assays, immunohistochemical techniques, patch-clamp electrophysiology, and in vivo functional imaging. Applicants should have a Ph.D. and/or M.D. and be creative and highly motivated. A strong background in electrophysiology is desirable. For more information, please visit our website: www.markwulab.net.
2. Tabuchi, M., Monaco, J.D., Duan, G., Bell, B., Liu, S., Liu, Q., Zhang, K., and Wu, M.N. (2018). Clock-Generated Temporal Codes Determine Synaptic Plasticity to Control Sleep. Cell 175, 1-15.
3. Liu, Q*., Tabuchi, M.*, Liu, S., Kodama, L., Horiuchi, W., Daniels, J., Chiu, L., Baldoni, D., and Wu, M.N. (2017). Branch-Specific Plasticity of a Bifunctional Dopamine Circuit Encodes Protein Hunger. Science 356, 534-539.
4. Liu, S.*, Liu, Q.*, Tabuchi, M., and Wu, M.N. (2016). Sleep Drive is Encoded by Neural Plastic Changes in a Dedicated Circuit. Cell 165, 1347-1360.
5. Liu, S.*, Lamaze, A.*, Liu, Q., Tabuchi, M., Yang, Y., Fowler, M., Bharadwaj, R., Zhang, J., Bedont, J., Blackshaw, S., Lloyd, T.E., Montell, C., Sehgal, A., Koh, K.*, and Wu, M.N.* (2014). WIDE AWAKE Mediates the Circadian Timing of Sleep Onset. Neuron 82, 151-166.
Please send cover letter, CV, and the names of three references to marknwu[at]jhmi.edu (*Please replace [at] with @ when addressing Emails).