Seeking a Research Scientist (Indefinite-term) (23W01)
Geobiology and Astrobiology Laboratory, RIKEN Cluster for Pioneering Research (Chief Scientist: Shino Suzuki)
Research Field and Overview
Initial work location
Type of employment
For applicant registration:
For revising or uploading application documents and letters of recommendation:
For more information, please visit the following website:
International Research Center for Medical Sciences (IRCMS), Kumamoto University, Japan
PROFESSOR OR ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR POSITIONS
The International Research Center for Medical Sciences (IRCMS) at Kumamoto University in Japan (http://ircms.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/) is seeking qualified applicants for independent faculty positions at the rank of Full Professor or Associate Professor. Our center’s research focus is Development, Stem Cell, Aging and Cancer. The positions are available from February 1st, 2024, or as soon as possible. Appointments are for a renewable 5-year term upon evaluation and approval by the center director.
Application documents and deadline
The packet should be sent no later than October 31st, 2023 to the following address or e-mail address: recruit_ircms [at]jimu.kumamoto-u.ac.jp *Please replace [at] with @ when addressing Emails
Director TAKIZAWA Hitoshi, Ph.D.
Number of positions
• A holder of Ph.D. or equivalent degree.
• Have the appropriate knowledge and experience to supervise and carry out the research projects described in Research Field.
We are seeking to recruit a Team Leader (principal investigator) to conduct advanced research to elucidate the fundamental principles of biological phenomena at molecular scales. In recent years, life science research fields exploring molecular and cellular scales have reached a major crossroads, with increasing importance being placed on research efforts bridging molecules and cells while taking into account their hierarchical and dynamic nature. There is a demand for researchers who can lead research that aims to unveil and understand fundamental cellular phenomena and architecture at the molecular and atomic levels. We encourage proposals that include advanced research and technological developments in structural biology, particularly using cryo-electron microscopy.
- Opportunities provided by BDR -
RIKEN is actively undertaking initiatives to promote gender equality and diversity and moving forward to establish a more diverse and vibrant research environment.
Start of employment
2. Number of Positions
4. Work Location
5. Specialized Field
• Presided over a laboratory and promoted research
• Educational activities for graduate school students
• Services of the Joint-Usage/Research Center
• Administrative tasks at Institute for Protein Research and Osaka University.
(1) A doctoral degree or equivalent professional expertise and/or achievement in the above field/s
(2) Excellent research achievements in the related field/s
(3) Business level or above Japanese language proficiency
8. Starting Date
9. Term of Employment
10. Probationary Period
11. Employment Form
*The Discretionary Labor System, Special Work Type will be applied (deemed working hours: 8 hours a day)
12. Salary and Benefits
14. Application Documents
1. A Curriculum Vitae
2. List of publications＊ (papers, reviews, and books); list of presentations (invited talks only). Mark the most important papers (up to 5) with circles.
3. List of external research grants.
4. Description on i) Past research and achievement; ii) Future plan of researches and their prospects; iii) How you would contribute to the education and Joint-Usage/Research activities at IPR.
5. A short description of the most important papers (up to 5), including the role of the applicant.
6. PDF reprints of the above most important papers.
7. Name, affiliation, and contact information (e-mail address and phone number) of two professional references who are willing to be contacted
*Authors, title, name of journal, volume, pages, and years should be included, with the applicant’s name underlined. Please mark first author, responsible author, equal contribution etc. as appropriate. In addition to published or accepted original papers, preprints can be listed.
- Personal information in the application documents will only be used for screening and hiring procedures, and will not be disclosed to any third party.
15. Sending Address and Contact Information
16. Application Deadline
17. Selection Process
*Travel and accommodation costs necessary for interviews are to be covered by the applicant. For applicants residing overseas, the applicant may request an online interview.
*Please note that unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
18. Additional Information
*Osaka University campuses and related facilities are smoke-free, except for designated areas．
Immunology Frontier Research Center (IFReC), Osaka University in Japan offers Advanced Postdoc Positions for Immunology, Cell Biology, Bioinformatics and Bioimaging
[Advanced Postdoc Program of IFReC, Osaka University]
1. Position: Postdoctoral Research Fellow as Specially Appointed Researcher (full-time)
2. Affiliation: Immunology Frontier Research Center, Osaka University (Japan)
3. Number of positions: Postdoctoral Researcher x3
4. Research field: Immunology, Cell Biology, Bioinformatics and Bioimaging
- Doctorate degree obtained within the last 8 years
- International experience preferred
6. Work location: Suita Campus, Osaka University in Osaka, Japan
7. Research grant: JPY 3M per year
8. Start date: After September 1, 2023 (Start date of work is negotiable.)
9. Period of employment: Up to 3 years from the date of hire (Single year contract, renewable upon annual evaluation.)
10. Insurances: Enrollment in Healthcare Insurance, Employment Insurance, Worker’s Accident Compensation Insurance
[Application and Selection]
* Write the names (maximum 3) of the Principal Investigators whom you would like to work with at IFReC
2. Curriculum vitae (education and work experience)